Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Styled Look: Drappy Cowl Neck Tank Top

Drapped tops that flow with your curves and don't cling to your skin are your best friend in warm weather. I love this one because it has a collar and a long string to tie around my waist. If there is any feature on my body that I can safely call my favorite, it'd be my waist. 

Personal Twist: Instead of tying the string belt in bow on my back, I decided to to criss-cross the string in the front to really show my waist. The front criss-cross creates a Grecian goddess vibe that I love. Giving your look a little exotic twist is always a good idea.

Accessories: To complete this look, I added several skinny bangles on one hand and one chunky bangle on the other. My skinny bangles are gold and white. The chunky bangle has a sparkly tan color with gold accents. I chose to gold to compliment the purple and my little white bangle brings everything (like my undershirt) together. 

Shorts: I wore dark shorts to contrast the purple top. Light shorts would've look too washed out. Not to mention, I love dark shorts. Dark shorts make your legs look super fit. Think about it, when you work out you tend to wear black spandex shorts...they slim you and maintain the mystery of your shape.

Shoes: Since this outfit was designed around the purple top, I didn't want my shoes to standout. These light pink Aldo peep toe flats were comfortable enough for me to walk around all day. There cutout design let my breathe and kept me from feeling cool and comfortable. 

Style Tip: Knowing which part of your body you want to showoff is everything. My insecurity list is long, but my tummy and butt have to be at the top of the list. The drapped top hid my tummy and even though the shorts showcased my legs, their dark color didn't expose the shape of my butt. If you don't plan on going through a major make-over to change all of your imperfections, just work with them. Wear clothes that hide your insecurities and highlight your favorite features.


Top: Love Story, Woodland Hills store
Shorts: Forever 21
Shoes: Aldo
Skinny Bangles: gift from a friends (gotta love your friends!)
Chunky Bangle: Forever 21


Images are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment