Monday, August 29, 2011

Styled Look: Corset Tops and Short-Shorts

Just because I’ve been done a couple posts on fall fashions, doesn’t mean summer isn’t my favorite season. Instead of rushing summer, I want to make it last. My short–shorts aren’t ready to be pushed to the back of my closet either; they want to be reinvented. I’ve noticed (and fallen in love with) these corset-inspired tops with a light-weight ruffle bottom (they’re tough to describe, pictures are below), and I styled this warm-weather-friendly outfit. Look flirty, causal, and effortlessly sexy in this look.
 (I modeled the look with grey heals because I didn't have much else at the time. Grey pairs well with so many colors, so I chose it over black. Since this look features so many colors, you can wear it with neutral or bright shoes. Sandals, wedges, flats, and heals will all lend a different kind of sexiness to the look. Use any shoes you want!)

 I toned down the bright colors on the tube's print with a khaki vest. Check out how bold the colors are. 
 Swirls of magenta, green, and earth tones decorate this top. Two corset bones begin gracing the sides of your body at the sweetheart neckline, faux white buttons form a straight line down your middle, and towards the bottom, one large ruffle completes the top. It flatters your bust, waist, and hides any bloating. 


 I wore this with a vest to tone it down for day; wear it solo for a cute evening look.
Get a similar top here

 An extended mock collar made me notice this vest. The pockets and buttons remind me of officewear and I love how the nuances of professional attire still remain causal. 
 Style Tip: Its always a good idea to have a few outwear pieces that cover your butt. During the hot summer weather it's hard to cover ourselves, but long, sleeveless pieces maintain your modest mystery without heating you up in your clothes.

Add Your Personality: I left this look open for additions. Add some bangles, chunky watches, or dangling earrings to make the look your own. Accessories are the perfect area to reflect the different aspects of your personality.

Like the look? Let me know :)

Top: Closet, a store in Pacific Beach,Ca.
Vest: Forever 21
Shorts: American Eagle

Images are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment